Monday, April 21, 2008

UPDATE

Jason reports today that the doctors have decided to wait a few more days before attempting the remove the ventillator. Parker was thrashing about and disloged it himself a bit today so they were able to see that there is still considerable swelling. We're all hoping a few more days makes a difference--it sounds like this little boy wants to get off that machine and get out of there! He's definitely not just laying there and giving up, so we must not give up either.

1 comment:

Peggy Romney said...

I tried posting a comment the other day, but I guess it didn't go through, so I will try again! I have been reading the blog daily and I appreciate the updates. We are all so concerned about little Parker and add our prayers to those of many others. Reading the blog has stirred some difficult memories. It is always difficult to understand why little children have to suffer. We watch them and they are so brave. As parents and grandparents we would gladly take their pain if it would let them go back to just being a sweet carefree little child. But that isn't in the Lord's plan and it really calls upon our resevoirs of faith and patience to understand this. I appreciated Jen's comments on never asking why. I have a strong testimony of this concept. So often we are tempted to do this, but there really are no answers that would satifsy us, because it is the Lord's plan and timetable. When we have a strong faith, we do not have to ask 'why', because the Lord lets us know through a peaceful understanding in our heart. When we went through the experience of losing Shannon, I never asked why, because I knew that the Lord had a greater mission for Shannon to perform. I felt peace in my heart and a profound blessing for having been allowed to be his mother for time and eternity. The road you are traveling is very difficult and the daily uncertainty makes it even harder. But how wonderful is the knowledge that we know that we do not have to do it alone. We forget that the Lord will never give you more than you can handle, and when it seems that He has, He will always be there to hold you, to guide you, and to give you strength. I have found this to be so true.
Children are our greatest blessings in life. I firmly believe that little ones who have come to this earth with health challenges,are the most valient spirits. They come to earth to teach us lessons about love and joy and happiness. Our family would not be the same without little Ashlyn. Her courage and joy of living are an inspiration to our family everyday. She has taught us so much about facing challenges and appreciating life. No matter what the Lord has in store for Parker, his valient little spirit will do the same for your family.
We appreciate your example of strength and courage. We love you and will keep you in our daily prayers.
Peggy