Yesterday a surgical procedure was performed to put in place a permanent IV line. It was difficult for Jason and Jen to go forward with this since nothing seems to go smoothly for Parker. But this time all went well and he remains stable. He received his last dose of steroid yesterday and they believe there is some change in the airway. They will reaccess today and decide when to try removing the ventillator again. He is now on 50% oxygen.
As I read back through some of my previous posts, I realize now that they weren't always accurate. I have recorded events as I have understood them from phone conversations but now I can see that I didn't always have the details correct. Jen and Jason's version would undoubtedly be somewhat different. This I do know: getting him off the ventillator will be a HUGE step and no one really knows how well his body will respond. Initially, he was so unstable that even the slightest movement would send him into a downward spiral. We continue to hope and pray that he will do well.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment