Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day One

I arrived at Jen and Jason's at 1:00am EST this morning after a long day of travel on Tuesday. I left Salt Lake airport at 9:00am MST and all went well until I arrived in Atlanta. Due to major storms including tornado warnings, the Atlanta airport had been forced to close twice during the day, so by the time I arrived the airport was jammed with people whose flights had either been delayed or cancelled. Fortunately, mine was only delayed.

I awoke at 7:00am this morning to help Kelsey get ready for school (I've got to come up with a better hairstyle for her tomorrow). Conner and I spent the morning at home and then had lunch at Wendy's and did a little shopping this afternoon. When I buckled him into my rental car he said, "This car is going to give me a splendid ride." What a great kid!!

Jason spent the morning at school and then traded Jen off at the hospital this afternoon. Jen came home and tried to take a nap and then spent a little time with Connor and Kelsey before heading back for another night at the hospital. Kelsey and Connor and I ordered pizza which we ate on a blanket spread out on the floor while we watched a Pooh Bear Movie--great fun!

Jason reports tonight that Parker's temperature spiked again this evening and he has not eaten well today. The doctors want him to drink at least 24 ozs. of formula a day and to gain a little weight and then they will send him home to get over the flu. He will have to be on oxygen all the time so of course, Jen is a little overwhelmed with that but still anxious to bring him home. Then they will wait about a month before resuming all the tests as they don't want to take any chances that the flu virus could scew the test results plus they would like him to be stronger physically.

So that's where things stand at the end of day one.

No comments: