Parker has been out of ICU for several days now. Jason said that he is now off everything that he cannot go home with, so it is now just a matter of waiting until all the home-health services are lined up. They anticipate taking Parker home the first of the week--Amy will arrive Monday evening to help out.
We have fasted many times over the past couple of months, particulary during the last few weeks. Today we are fasting in gratitude for the Lord's tender mercies that we have felt during this difficult time and for the wonderful blessing we have been given of another season with our precious little Parker. Right now I think that Jason and Jen are still feeling a bit overwhelmed with the care Parker will require once he is home, but I know they will adjust with the Lord's help and will come to know that it is an incredible honor to be his parents and to have the privilege of caring for him. I loved Peggy's comments, "Children are our greatest blesings in life. I firmly believe that little ones who have come to this earth with health challenges are the most valiant spirits. They come to earth to teach us lessons about love and joy and happiness."
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment