Exactly five weeks from the day Parker entered the hospital for testing and an overnight stay, he finally returned home late yesterday. Jason phoned last night and said all was going well. Amy also returned home yesterday, so the family is going to try it on their own now. They are just relieved to all be home together again. Jason said Parker was all smiles as he returned home. I am waiting for an update from Jason or Jen with some new pictures.
For awhile we thought we'd never see this day. It is the love and prayers of family and friends that got us all through this ordeal. A long road lies ahead and no one really knows where it will lead. One thing for certain though,we have all gained a great deal of faith and courage which Jen and Jason will need as they adapt to Parker's continuing health-care needs. I recall a statement I have often heard: "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." I am definitely stronger in many ways than I was five weeks ago and I believe most of the family would say the same.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment